Friday, September 19, 2008

mmmm Humble Pie!

i frequently get annoyed with some of the other students in some of my classes because I learn a lot of the techniques so much faster than they do.  I have a lot of experience in choreography and different styles, so it just clicks in my brain and body faster than other beginners.  There is one particular beginner who drives me nuts.  He's got a huge ego, and doesn't seem aware of how clumsy and uncoordinated he is.  Today, I got paired up with him to do some partner work, and I had nothing on him!  Seriously...I tripped on his leg twice.  i know the techniques forwards and backwards when I'm doing them alone, but their meant to be done with a partner.  He may not know the techniques as well as I do, but he had a better sense of how to work with a partner, and that is a vitally important skill- more important than any of the techniques.  It was a nice reminder that everyone has their thing-their specialty or skill.  I can't just go around writing people off.

No comments: